Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Latest Google PageRank Update: I go from PR 0 to PR 5 in 3 months


How has Googles latest PageRank update worked for you?

Google has finally added some green to my page rank toolbar.  Since I started my blog about 4 months ago I must admit I have been checking my page rank at least six times a day to see if there was any change.

And what a surprise for me this morning to see my PageRank jump from PR 0 to PR 5!  This after only three months, which means I must be doing something right with my blog after all.

I suspect the PageRank upgrade took place sometime late yesterday (04/02/2013) because my PageRank was still ZERO yesterday morning.

But just what is PageRank?  PageRank is a Page Popularity Algorithm that tracks incoming links (backlinks) to your blog or site and when Googles robots crawl your pages they count the backlinks to your blog/site and also keeps track of outgoing links. Based on the quality (not the quantity) of these links, your PageRank is scaled between the value of 0 to 10. These links work as "votes" for the blog or site in question.  It is important to remember that links are much more valuable for your site if they come from sites/blogs that have high PageRank.

Each time a site/blog links to another site/blog, they are in effect casting votes. Votes from sites or blogs with a higher PageRank have more weight. The more votes your site/blog receives, the higher Google will place you in their search results. This is not the only factor Google uses to rank pages or search results, but I have learned that it is an important one.

PageRank is applied to pages and not to a whole site/blog, which means your web site will collectively have multiple PageRank scores. Most people are interested in the PR of their home page (mine is 5).

So how did your blog/site do in this most recent Google PageRank update?  Whether it was an increase or decrease, do not worry as this is all part of SEO and you just need to concentrate on providing high quality of back links and quality content for your web pages to get a higher google page rank.

Feel free to post your comments about this recent Google PageRank update and how it has affected your blog/site and lets all discuss how we can collectively improve the performance of our sites/blogs. 

1 comment:

  1. you are awesome then. i have found it quite hard. but you did it. i have to say you one SEO guru for sure
    what is pagerank

    ReplyDelete

Like these tips, bytes and tricks? Share your thoughts and views...